LMS Coaching Supervisor Job at Thorlabs
The main job functions include:
- The training manager works closely with key stakeholders to define strategies for delivering training that take into account desired outcomes, student learning needs and optimal delivery mechanisms. This includes training opportunities for companies, compliance and soft skills.
- Set course objectives, develop training materials (user guides, exercises, training videos), coordinate training logistics and deliver training using a variety of methods including classrooms, WebEx and e-learning media.
- Responsible for ensuring that the training objectives were met and that students were adequately prepared to use the solution in their day-to-day assignments
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and reporting on key learning metrics and improving learning adoption within the company.
Collect and analyze evaluation data for training courses and change the training approach to improve effectiveness as needed.
- Responsible for managing the learning management system and responsible for supplier management and uploading courses for course requirements
- Responsible for maintaining a training budget to meet the company’s training needs while adhering to budget guidelines.
Promotion and marketing of the LMS and various training programs across the company
- Over 7 years experience successfully designing, developing and delivering curricula in a required manufacturing environment
- More than 7 years of successful development and implementation of training courses for software solutions at company level (e.g. ERP, BI, CRM, ECM) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, business management or equivalent work experience in a related field required
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Designing, developing and delivering business, compliance and soft skills training: 7 years
- Experience in applying change management principles as part of a general training strategy
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels including customers, suppliers, colleagues, business prospects and management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products required
- Experience with the LMS systems and experience with content creation and management of a system, experience with Litmos would be an advantage.
- Experience with instructional design tools for eLearning including Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline as well as Vyond, Camtasia and Adobe Premier Pro
- Business acumen.
- Critical evaluation.
- Global and cultural awareness.
- Training competence.
- Guidance & navigation.
- Relationship management.
- Ethical practice.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and prides itself on being an equal opportunity and positive action employer. All Qualified Individuals will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not considered and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an arbitrary employer. Employees can be terminated for reasons not prohibited by law
Thorlabs is trying to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of components, instruments and systems for photonics, our extensive product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optical and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer-inspired.
Photonics is the leading technology that drives innovation in science and technology. As the number of technological innovations increased, Thorlabs has expanded its core competencies to play an increasingly larger role for the end-of-research photonics industry as well as the industrial, life sciences, medicine and defense segments.
Thorlabs is headquartered in Newton, New Jersey and has grown to over 1,800 employees. The production and sales offices are located in the USA, UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China and Brazil. As light-based technologies enter new markets, Thorlabs plans to begin early with the products and services necessary for the ultimate success of our customers.