In style Thailand provinces on Deep Pink COVID-19 alert
Bangkok, Chonburi, Chiang Mai, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakarn are classified as the maximum and strict control zone (deep red) in Thailand, where further restrictions have been introduced.
- The spokesman for the Center for COVID-19 Situation Management (CCSA) announced that he has agreed to step up prevention and control measures for COVID-19.
- Zones are currently categorized as Maximum and Strict Control, Maximum Control, or Control Zone.
- The high-level warning leads to additional bans and closings.
Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Center for COVID-19 Situation Management (CCSA), announced that he has agreed to step up prevention and control measures for COVID-19. The reassignment of control areas in Thailand has been approved as follows:
1) maximum and strict control zone: 6 provinces,
2) maximum control zone: 45 provinces and
3) Control zone: 26 provinces. Quarantine of all kinds has also been extended to 14 days, while both the public and private sectors must work strictly from home for at least 14 days.
Additional restrictions due to the high-level warning are: