Digital Tourism | Discover the World Just about from the Nook of Your Room
The need to travel places and see wonderful sights is a recommended way of living and relaxing. This is necessary in order to cultivate new relationships, open up to new ways of life, and have great memories as you experience different countries and places.
Virtual Tourism – Impact of COVID on Travel and Tourism
However, with the recent travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 viral virus, it has been cut short to move from place to place and have fantastic vacations. Fortunately, for travel lovers like you, virtual travel offers the experience of a lifetime, either through your mobile device or through devices like a VR headset.
Amazing Madagascar – An island from another planet
You don’t have to leave the comfort of your home when you want to explore amazing countries and attractions, be it the tranquil mountainside in Switzerland or the ever-bustling city of New York. Through virtual travel, this is done from your phone or laptop. or VR headsets.
Virtual travel is safe and doesn’t involve expensive tickets or outrageous tour fees. It’s usually free and just requires a good internet connection and a few other tips shared in this article. If you’ve always wanted to be a virtual tour and explore the wonders of the world right from your comfort zone, read on.
Best ways to explore the world – Virtual tourism
Here are some high quality types of virtual trips that would leave you with unforgettable memories:
● Take part in museum and art gallery tours: If you are a traditional art lover and you want to take the time and experience fine art and culture, you should consider this type of tour.
Museums and art galleries around the world like the Louvre and the Vatican have developed systems that allow you to sit back and virtually browse their extensive catalogs, while providing almost the same experience that you would have a physical visit.
● Stream travel programs – – Virtual reality technology has dynamically changed the way people travel. There are a few VR apps that you can download to your mobile device so that you can stream various programs from the comfort of your room.
If you don’t have a VR headset, you can still enjoy traveling by watching travel documentaries on streaming platforms like Netflix. In addition, you can access more content in case you have already exhausted the shows in your Netflix catalog with a Netflix VPN. A VPN can change your virtual location and allow you to access content from a different region’s library.
● Take a plane tour: Aircraft companies know that users need to get a feel for traveling on their aircraft before booking flights with them. If you are an aviation enthusiast this is perfect for you as you can take tours on different planes and experience firsthand what it would be like to travel on these planes.
● Use Google Street View: Have you ever thought about visiting a particular place, perhaps from a memory of a movie or based on experiences other people may have shared, and you may not have the time or money to go? Then Google Street View will be created for you.
You can take advantage of this great technology from Google and take exciting walks on the street right from your home.
● Take tours of luxury hotels and romantic getaways: Many of us may not be able to afford the expensive trips to luxury destinations in the Maldives, Mauritius or Santorini. However, this does not mean that you cannot take virtual tours of these resorts.
Some of these resorts like the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa have advanced virtual tour guides so you can have a wonderful time.
While most of these virtual experiences would not guarantee you the same feeling as having physical presence, it will still give you a great time and you will definitely want to relive these moments again.
Save it on Pinterest