AR For Distant Studying: ARTutor
Leverage the power of AR for distance learning
ARTutor (ver3) is an Augmented Reality Educational Platform developed by the Advanced Educational Technologies and Mobile Applications (AETMA) Research Lab of the Computing Science Department of the International Hellenic University. It consists of an online web application and a mobile application. The mobile application offers you the opportunity to activate the augmented reality books created in the web application and to explore the topic firsthand.
Top reasons Augmented Reality is the future of distance learning
Users have the ability to add digital content to traditional textbooks and other texts, making it easier for both teachers and students to learn on their own. Here are just a few of the benefits of using ARTutor to bring text to life:
- Increase learner engagement and emotional connectivity
- Equip teachers with limited IT skills with the tools they need to develop AR books and create highly immersive educational activities and experiences
- Enhance learners’ understanding and retention of knowledge
- Eliminate accessibility barriers by implementing a single mobile application with enhanced digital content. Learners with mobility problems or special needs can even use haptic or voice commands to assist them (available in version 2, in development in version 3)
- Promote independent, self-determined distance learning. For example, voice-based interaction with a virtual tutor facilitates quick information retrieval through the integration of AI services (available in version 2, in development in version 3)
- Empowers distance learners by giving them the ability to act as content creators in the educational environment
AR for distance learning: the ARTutor advantage
Thanks to its simplicity, ARTutor can be used by any educator, regardless of their technical know-how or programming skills. It can be used in any field from math and history to art and philosophy. Another great advantage is that this versatile platform supports all levels of education, whether at primary, secondary or university level.
The ARTutor platform can be downloaded free of charge from Google Play and the IOS App Store. The main goal is to help educators and students develop technology-enabled teaching materials and improve educational performance and experiences on a global scale. She joins UNESCO’s Education for All initiative to break down the socio-economic or cultural barriers that prevent access to high-end educational technologies and technology-based learning as a whole.
You can take a tour of the mobile application if you want to learn more about its practical benefits and practical use cases. There is also a demo of the user manual for those who want to immerse themselves in the ARTutor3 Authorware environment.
This is how you experience ARTutor for yourself
Ready to try AR? Follow these steps:
- Download the ARTutor 3 application from the website
- Scan the QR code below (via the ARTutor 3 application) to download the enhanced version of the IMT press release
- Scan the image in PRESS RELEASE IMT GRANT via the ARTutor 3 app and enjoy the augmentation!
Last but not least, IMT is offering a scholarship to a member of the global eLearning industry community. read this Press release to learn how to apply and to learn more about IMT’s Immersive Technologies program.