The Metropolis of Angels beneath COVID-19 surge for the third time
Bangkok, oriental surroundings.
And the city doesn’t know what the city is getting.
The crème de la crème of the chess world in one show with everything but Yul Brynner
Time flies by, it doesn’t seem to be a minute
The Tyrolean spa had the chess boys in there.
All changes, don’t you know if you
Play at this level, there is no ordinary venue.
It’s Iceland or the Philippines or Hastings or this place!
One night in Bangkok and the world is at your feet.
This will come again, but in the meantime, Bangkok will be closing again thanks to the third wave of COVID-19.
- In Bangkok and five neighboring provinces, tough measures, including a curfew, will be imposed for two weeks starting Monday as the government tries to contain the rising number of new Covid-19 infections.
- There is a curfew from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. in the four southernmost provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.
- The strict rules apply to the greater Bangkok area, which includes the capital and the five neighboring provinces of Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon.
It was only two weeks ago that the travel and tourism industries in Thailand, including Bangkok known as The City of Angeles, had a glimmer of hope a little over two weeks ago when a list of Bangkok reopenings was prominently announced. Two weeks ago, more types of venues and companies in Bangkok were allowed to resume operations on June 22, 2021.
Today that was a long past story when the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced that tough measures would be imposed in the greater Bangkok area, including the closure of department stores. However, supermarkets are allowed to stay open until 8 p.m.
The new rules of what is open and closed in Bangkok dictate:
- All restaurants close at 8 p.m.
- Home work is encouraged for all businesses.
- Strict enforcement of social distancing measures.
- No public transport from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Public parks close at 9 p.m.
- Closure of all businesses at risk of infection such as salons, spas and traditional massage parlors.
- No gatherings of more than five people, except on religious occasions.
- Covenience stores and night markets are closed from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.
From Saturday, checkpoints would be set up in all provinces to prevent people from traveling.
A third COVID-19 surge is currently attacking the Thai capital, Bangkok, with the arrival of the Delta tribe, first found in India. The number of new cases has also increased in the four southern provinces. In southern Thailand, the beta variant is the cause. The beta variant is known as the South African variety
Thailand posted a record high of 75 deaths on Wednesday and the second highest number of new infections of 9,276 on Thursday. The highest number of daily infections was 9,635 on May 17. Today 75 people died of COVID-19 in Thailand.
Thailand has a population of around 70 million. Thailand is number 77 in the world with 4,670 cases per million since the virus was discovered. Compared to the United States has 104,244 per million and has the sad position of the 13th highest in the world.
In terms of the death toll, Thailand ranks only 166th with 38 deaths per million. The United States ranks 21st in the world with 1,870 deaths per million.
There is also a serious shortage of beds as more patients stay in hospitals longer and the rate of discharges slows. More than 700 people are on ventilators.
Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha, who chaired the CCSA meeting on Friday, reportedly instructed authorities to keep new infections low during the half-lock period and said all measures to combat the outbreak would be adjusted to better address the rapid spread of the virus deal with .
The prime minister also decided to cut a three-month salary cut to save state budgets to fight the pandemic. Other cabinet ministers followed.
Gen Prayuth receives 125,590 baht per month on a salary of 75,900 baht and a position allowance of 50,000 baht. As defense minister, he doesn’t get a salary. A cabinet member may only receive a salary from one position, the highest paid.
Restricting lockdown to selected provinces was preferred by business leaders to minimize economic damage.
Bangkok will be the City of Angels again and One Night in Bangkok will make a tough man humble again.