Skål 2021 Quebec World Congress postponed
Skål International President Bill Rheaume just announced that the Skål International World Congress in Quebec, originally planned for October, has been postponed to December this year.
- As the world slowly begins to withdraw from the COVID-19 crisis, events and travel have come back to the fore.
- The world has a long way to go to get people vaccinated and understand the need to stay safe with social distancing and masking.
- In relation to the Skål World Congress in Quebec in 2021, postponing means enjoying the meeting in the host city’s winter wonderland.
Skål International stated that one of the COVID constants that everyone has experienced over the past year is news regarding the postponement of events. While vaccinations are in progress, positive results are coming from the desperation associated with the COVID-19 coronavirus. People are hopeful and countries are starting to think about recovery strategies.
At the Skål International board meeting in March, options regarding the Skål 2021 World Congress in Quebec were considered. After further discussions with the LOC of the Skål International Quebec Congress, the board agreed to postpone the congress from the original October dates to December 9-13, 2021.
Skål International believes that this decision indeed has many positive effects, including:
• The opportunity to showcase Quebec City during one of the two best times of the year – December to February.
• Skålleagues can experience a variety of ‘cool’ activities.
• Allow more time to administer vaccinations, resolve coronavirus cases, and reduce restrictions.
• More time for international visitors to apply for entry visas for those who need them.
President Rheaume said he recently returned from a visit to Quebec City, where he met with a club manager, and that he can report that they are excited about the opportunity to show off their beautiful city when the lights, the snow and the winter activities are at their peak.
The LOC of Congress is also working hard to use its government contacts to raise as much support as possible for this important event.
The dates chosen make for an amazing experience, and participants will have plenty of time to be home for Christmas.