How To Attain The Subsequent Studying Maturity Stage To Gasoline Enterprise Progress
The Learning Maturity Journey focuses on long-term success
In a previous article, we described 4 archetypes of readiness to learn. The transition to the next level of the learning maturity continuum is an investment in the long-term success of your company. Partnering with the right provider makes the journey smoother and helps you track your progress through achievable, low-cost milestones. No organization chart has the same path; everyone has unique needs and skills. Boost your learning maturity with a solutions provider who can inspire you to grow while keeping up with what’s right for you and your learners right now.
The concept of organizational maturity: How to achieve an agile innovation culture through a learning maturity model
Discover how you can expand your L&D strategy by leaps and bounds and reach the next level of corporate learning maturity.
The people, processes and technologies that define maturity to learn
Chalk & Talk (team size 1-3)
- No specialization in the team.
- Basic processes for loading events and tracking attendance.
- Microsoft Office, LMS, standalone (if any) network file system.
Ingenious basics (team size 3-5)
- May contain roles such as LMS Administrator and Instructional Designer (responds to requests from other functions).
- The light intake process focused on “getting the right order”.
- Increased use of “consumption” data from the LMS to identify weak courses / programs.
- LMS – integrated feeds from HRIS systems, zoom, teams and intranet portal.
Investors in People (team size 5-10)
- Increase specialization and structure to meet internal customer needs. Consider adding a data person, technical resources to support integrations, and talent development specialists.
- Robust recording processes to uncover sources of error and opportunities for improvement.
- Increasing teaching support to extend “events” to trips with LMS functionality.
- Start proactively engaging with internal customers to improve results.
- Establishment of role-based competency development plans.
- LMS, performance management system, LXP, intranet portal, MS Teams for collaboration, zoom, third party content collections.
Future Gazers (team size 8-15)
- Continuously increasing specialization – social learning.
- R&D skills have been added to the team.
- Experimentation and innovation are becoming more systematic.
- Learning analytics promotes continuous improvement.
- Company transparency in skills and competencies in order to fully recognize the existing performance.
- Embrace the “gig” mentality with in-house talent.
- LMS, LXP, Performance Management, Mobile Tech, AR / VR, Knowledge Management Systems, MS Teams / Zoom, Intranet with
Group discussion forums.
The elusive “Future Gazers” level of learning maturity levels
Achieving future gazer status may seem like a utopian vision, a unicorn if you will, compared to earlier stages of the journey. In certain organizations there are departments that have come close; but to become a real Future Gazer organization it needs approval and takeover by the collective enterprise. The main characteristic of organizations that grow beyond Investors in People is openness to new learning concepts, strategies and technologies – championed by L&D executives who constantly pursue knowledge of leading ideas. It is these organizations that are experimenting with virtual reality, augmented reality, interactive video, and user-generated content today. They view the technology landscape as an environment of integrated skills, performance, business, and learning applications with the employee experience as the central connector.
Case in point: From chalk & talk to brilliant basics with blended learning
This is just one example of how companies can take their maturity to the next level. Download the eBook to discover more case studies showing the power of personalized learning experiences.
Baptist Care is a nationally recognized organization that cares for elderly and disadvantaged citizens in Australia. To streamline and standardize training across its 160 facilities, Baptist Care realized the time had come to move from a traditional face-to-face teaching paradigm to a mixed model of digital training. By working with Kineo to implement a Totara Learn solution with Kineo courseware, the company was able to meet its diverse needs on a single platform.
Baptist Care is able to meet a wide variety of training and learning needs including:
- Employee onboarding and training
- Voluntary onboarding and training
- Compliance training, follow-up and reporting
The Totara Learn LMS platform provided a robust learning platform that offered a flexible Baptist Care course design, state-of-the-art data and system security, and easy integration with their existing recording tools, including their HR management system. The ability to manage current records in a single secure location solved a significant problem for training administrators and ensured accurate compliance recording and reporting.
Baptist Care has introduced a 70/30 blended learning solution that includes a robust eLearning content library along with short, targeted micro-learning content. Now in the Brilliant Basics phase, Baptist Care is confident that their learning solution will grow with their company and enable them to strategically plan employee growth and development for the future.
This is how you reach the next phase of learning maturity
Download the eBook The Concept of Organizational Maturity: How To Achive a Agile Innovation Culture Through A Learning Maturity Model to accelerate your online training program and take it to the next level of maturity. Also, attend the webinar to learn how to transform your compliance training with best-practice principles.